Sample Job Titles (Not all-inclusive)
Systems Administrator, Information Technologist Specialist, Information Technologist, Network Administrator, Systems Engineer, Senior Computer Analyst, CAD/GIS Administrator, Network Services Supervisor, NCIC/CAD System Manager, Technician, 9-1-1 Systems, Information Technology Coordinator, Senior Project Manager, Records Technician (Master Addressing Guide – MSAG Coordinator), Mobile/CAD System Administrator, Information Technology Specialist 4, IT Tech and Address/Mapping Coordinator, Operations Support Technician, GIS Analyst, etc.
Sample Responsibilities for Director of the Year Candidates:
- Provides technical support and performs professional work related to the operation and support of computer hardware, peripherals, and software applications.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new computing technologies.
- Performs complex level application support work on the agency’s computer applications systems.
- Provides project and program leadership to professional and technical staff.
- Provides project management for large scale support projects.
- Performs routine to complex level application support work on the agency’s computer applications systems.
- Performs advanced level telecommunications work related to the purchase, installation, and maintenance of communications equipment.
- Performs technical work gathering, analyzing, and summarizing various types of data including GIS information