Standards Activities in Progress
The following standards are currently in development:
Operational Candidate ANS
- Managing Operational Overload in the Public Safety Communications Center
- Crisis Intervention Techniques and Call Handling Procedures for Public Safety Telecommunicators
- Career Progression Within the Public Safety ECC
- Minimum Technical Requirements for Remote Support to Emergency Communication Center (ECC) Operations\
Technical Candidate ANS
- Advanced Automatic Collision Notification (AACN) Data Set
Training Candidate ANS
- Detecting Early Warning Symptoms of Stress in Public Safety Telecommunicators
Revisions to Current APCO ANS Standards
- Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Manager/Director
- Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Technician (CAD, Radio, GIS)
- Wireless 9-1-1 Deployment and Management Effective Practices
- Public Safety Communications Incident Handling Process
- Standard for Public Safety Telecommunicators When Responding to Calls of Missing, Abducted and Sexually Exploited Children
- Minimum Training Standard for TTY/TDD Use in the Public (Reaffirmation in progress)
- Standard for Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT)
See draft candidate standards published for review and comment at Call to Action: Public Review and Comment
Public safety communications professionals interested in participating in APCO International's standards development activities, please complete the Standards Development Committee Application form or contact APCO International's Comm Center & 9-1-1 Services Department at email@example.com or call (571) 289-7402.
Note: Please resubmit any comments emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a response the comments were recorded.
Please check this page regularly for updates.