Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE)
Earn CDEs with classes, webinars, events and more.
Public safety communications professionals need continuing education to enhance their skills, keep up-to-date on emerging issues, and get CDEs and CEUs for recertification. APCO offers numerous ways to earn credits, including:
- CDE Articles: Each bi-monthly PSC Magazine offers two CDE articles in every issue
- Illuminations CDE Programs: Subscription based at-your-desk CDEs every month – For as little as $89/year. Choose the track that meets your needs.
- CDE Courses: Earn from two to 40 CDEs for each APCO course you take.
- Webinars: Live and recorded webinars cover a range of timely topics. Many are free to APCO members
- Events: Network and earn CEUs at APCO’s Annual Conference, Emerging Technology Forum, Broadband Summit and APCO's newest event Envision.
- APCO Certification Courses — These core courses enable participants to earn certification and CDEs.
Did you know? You earn CDEs while you are earning your certification. For example, if you have earned the PST certification, then take the Fire Service Communications certification course, you are not only earning a FSC certification but you are getting CDEs that apply to your PST recertification.