Law Enforcement Communications (LEC)
Effective communications is a critical component of law enforcement operations. The telecommunicator provides the vital link between citizens and law enforcement responders.
The APCO Institute’s Law Enforcement Communications Course provides the training necessary to improve service to the caller and increase the safety of responders. It covers the terms, techniques and guidelines required for excellence in law enforcement call handling and radio dispatching.
- The Role of Law Enforcement
- History of Law Enforcement and Law Enforcement Communications
- Law Enforcement Organizations, Operations, Vehicles, and Equipment
- Classification and Prioritization of Crimes
- Law Enforcement Telecommunicator: Overview of Role and Responsibilities
- Law Enforcement Call Processing and Dispatch Procedures
- Law Enforcement Incidents: Crimes Against Persons/ Property/Vehicle and Highway
- Communications for Pursuits and Officer Needs Help Incidents
- Next Generation and Emerging Communications Technology
- Law Enforcement Communications and Counterterrorism
- NIMS (National Incident Management System)
The course manual contains numerous photographs and illustrations to bring the course material to life and serves as an excellent reference source once back on the job. Instructional resources include study guides (with audio and video clips), role-plays and scenario-based training materials. Instructional media and exercises used throughout the course reinforce the knowledge attained in lecture and demonstration.
APCO Institute certified instructors who successfully complete this course can upgrade their instructor certificates to teach this dynamic course in-house for only the cost of the course books.
CDEs Earned: 32
It is recommended that students should have successfully completed a formal, basic, instructor-led 40-hour telecommunicator course.
APCO Certified Law Enforcement Communications professionals must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE).
Full and Commercial Members
|Agency||4 days||$0 (cost of student manuals only)||$0 (cost of student manuals only)|
|Contract||4 days||Contact us for pricing||Contact us for pricing|
|* As of May 25, 2017. Class tuition may change so be sure to check the amount in your shopping cart.|